Saturday, March 21, 2009

Some Seth Godin's phrases

"The Music Industry is focus on the industry part not so much on the music part"

"the internet is the biggest radio station of all time"

"Poets don't have conventions"

"The consumer sees the tribal leader as the performer not the song-writer"

"Music on the internet is played for free" (?????)

"Music is a tribal business"

"Everyone of those 'tribes' needs a leader"

"You can't spam your way into my attention"

...Seinfield esta o gratis en 100 canales o por $200 en Las Vegas, eso es lo mejor... el medio - $5 por un show es lo peor y es donde estan las bandas ahora.

"You can not listen to what everyone else is listening to, because there's a 1000 of everyone else's. You have to find your niche..."

"I dont try to find readers for my books, I try to find books for my readers"

NING!

"They can reach new people for me if they want, I am not trying to reach new people"

"There is no way to view the future, 3 years from now no matter how successful any lawyer is, where music is not widely shared"

"You are the first big band to give away the whole thing online for free, and if you wanna buy a souvenir, if you wanna join the tribe, if you wanna interact that costs money. And guest what? the people who could do that first win."

"Interact first sell second"

"...Independent musicians...ask your self... How many people would be delighted to hear from me?"

No comments: