Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Donde estamos con respecto al "Music Bizz"

From: Charles Kennedy
Subject: Can't even GIVE it away

Hey Bob

I run Invisible Hands Music, London indie label, home of Thomas Dolby, (ex Strangler) Hugh Cornwell and the (reformed with new singer) Jam.

Our roster has included various other artists, and we had a stock clearout the other day, put boxes of old stock on the pavement with various charming variations of "Take me, I'm free" written on. The CDs were mostly by a semi-well known Britpop band, six Top 40 singles in their heyday. And in any case, great packaging, titles etc. I could watch out the office window (in a hip street, 120,000 rock n roll-friendly visitors each day of every weekend) how people reacted to the giveaway. The vast majority of people who stopped would pick up a CD, look at it, flip it over, look at it a bit more, then put it back. Even in the one street in Europe most devoted to the pursuit of the rock n roll dream, you literally can't give away the physical product any more. Even though, as an indie label, I rely on shipping physical product, I couldn't help giggle at the idiots at the majors who think there's a future in selling recorded music, esp in CD form. It's laughable. They should put a few boxes of one of their great new bands out on the street and see how the public feel about their crappy bands.

mas info: Visit the archive: http://lefsetz.com/wordpress/

iTunes Top 10 Songs

*Pink - So what
*TI - Whatever you like
*Jason Mraz - I'm yours
*Rihanna - Disturbia
*Various Artists - Just stand up!
*M.I.A. - Paper planes
*Flo Rida - In the ayer
*Katy Perry - Hot n cold
*The Pussycat Dolls - When I grow up
*Coldplay - Viva la vida

iLike Top Five Songs

*Jason Mraz - I'm yours
*Jonas Brothers - Burnin' up
*Conor Oberst - Cape Canaveral
*Jonas Brothers - A little bit longer

Rock Radio Top 10

*Metallica - The day that never comes
*AC/DC - Rock n' Roll train
*Saving Abel - Addicted
*Staind - Believe
*Disturbed - Inside the fire
*Theory of a dead man - Bad girlfriend
*Hinder - Use me
*Shinedown - Devour
*Foo Fighters - Let it die
*Buckcherry - Too drunk
(fuente: revista Rolling Stone_Oct.'08)

No comments: